Chief Instructor and Camp Director
Richie has 37 years of umpiring experience and training. He started his umpiring career in 1983 and then attended the Harry Wendelstedt Umpire School in 1984. He umpired two years in the Minor League system and then moved onto college baseball.
With a total of 36 years in College Baseball his knowledge and experiences are extensive. He has worked in many conferences as follows:
- South Eastern Conference (SEC) for 23 years
- Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) for 19 years
- Southern Conference (SoCon) for 15 years
- Big South Conference for 15 years
- American Athletic Conference (AAC) for 5 years
- Atlantic Sun Conference for 2 years
Richie has also umpired NCAA Regionals at both the Division I and Division II Levels and he also umpired the NCAA Division II World Series.
Richie is the owner of the Atlantic Coast Umpire's Association.
Richie resides in Lexington, South Carolina.